What Is Shiba Inu (SHIB)?
A cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin called Shiba Inu (SHIBUSD) is built on Ethereum and has the Shiba Inu, a Japanese hunting dog breed, as its mascot. Shiba Inu is frequently mentioned as a Dogecoin substitute; in fact, its proponents refer to it as the Dogecoin killer.
Shiba Inu and Dogecoin are two instances of meme coins. Meme coins are digital currencies associated with a certain topic, in this case, the Shiba Inu dog. Meme coins are typically introduced as inside jokes or parodies rather than as useful digital products. Unlike Dogecoin, which was introduced in December 2013, Shiba Inu was developed in August 2020 by an unidentified person or group called Ryoshi.
The Shiba Inu Ecosystem
The following three coins make up the Shiba Inu ecosystem:
- SHIB: Shiba Inu: This serves as the project’s primary unit of exchange. Starting with a supply of 1 quadrillion, or 1,000 trillion, Ryoshi gave half to Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin for storage and then locked half in Uniswap for liquidity reasons. When India was suffering from the Delta version of the coronavirus in May 2021, Buterin sent the country more than 50 trillion Shiba Inu coins, which were then worth over $1 billion, to a COVID-19 relief fund there. Shortly after, Buterin added 40% of the whole supply of Shiba Inu to a so-called “dead wallet,” or permanently deleted it from circulation.
- Leash (LEASH): Leash is the second token in the Shiba Inu ecosystem and symbolizes the opposite end of the ecosystem’s spectrum with a total supply of just 107,646 tokens as opposed to the billions of Shiba Inu tokens.
- Bone (BONE): With a total supply of 250,000,000 tokens, Bone falls in the middle of the other two tokens in terms of its supply in circulation. On subsequent proposals, the SHIBArmy will be able to vote using it as a governance token.
- ShibaSwap: ShibaSwap is a DeFi platform that aims to offer a secure cryptocurrency trading environment while remaining decentralized. The best site to purchase and sell SHIB and LEASH is on ShibaSwap.
- Shiba Inu Incubator: The incubator looks for ways to value originality and ingenuity while refocusing attention away from well-known artistic forms including painting, photography, and computer portrayal.
- Shiboshis: They are non-fungible tokens (NFTs) created by 10,000 Shiba Inus and recorded on the Ethereum blockchain. Each Shiboshi has a unique set of characteristics that makes it collectible.
Understanding Shiba Inu (SHIB)
A “woof paper”—possibly a play on the word “white paper”—that is accessible on the ShibaToken.com website lays out the fundamental principles of the Shiba Inu ecosystem.
The article claims that Shiba Inu was created as a response to the following straightforward query: “What would happen if a cryptocurrency project was 100% managed by its community?” Ryoshi, the organization’s founder, explains that it began as an “experiment in decentralized spontaneous community creation.” Ryoshi asserts that collective decentralization has the ability to forge stronger bonds than a centralized team could possibly manage.
The SHIBArmy’s base of more than 500,000 members upholds its founding tenets, which are:
- The project started from scratch, with nothing, in the spirit of building something from nothing;
- It was not established on the foundation of an already established group or pre-formed team; and
- A professed love of Shiba Inu dogs.
Being an ERC-20 token based on Ethereum, Shiba Inu was created on and is hosted on the Ethereum blockchain rather than its own blockchain. The Shiba Inu ecosystem was built on Ethereum because, as Ryoshi said in the paper, it was already secure, and dependable, and allowed the project to keep its decentralized nature.
Shiba Inu joins Bitcoin and Ethereum as the most popular cryptocurrencies in 2022.
Numerous other types of assets have entered the cryptocurrency market throughout time. Most, however, fell short of rivaling well-known cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin [BTC] or Ethereum [ETH]. As its ubiquity increased, the meme coin Shiba Inu [SHIB] changed this story. The product was well-liked even if its worth dropped somewhat this year.
The biggest cryptocurrency exchange in the world, Binance, tweeted about the cryptocurrency that will be most popular in 2022. It was anticipated that BTC and ETH would be on the list. But the presence of the Shiba Inu caught a lot of people off guard. But the Shib Army was jubilant. Clearly, 2022 was a very important year for Shiba Inu. The network generated a lot of buzz with the launch of its own video game and a restaurant with a SHIB theme.
Alongside this, network developers could be observed making fun of the locals regarding Shibarium. The SHIB network started a surprise countdown earlier today. While many people thought this countdown had something to do with Shibarium, several people disagreed. The countdown had reached 14 hours, 45 minutes, and 11 seconds at this point.
Shiba Inu holding count clears the way for healing
After this year’s holder count significantly increased, a decline in the total number of unique addresses began in December. However, the Shib Army was once more seen seeking to raise its numbers before 2022 came to an end. The number of addresses on SHIB at the time of publication was 1,268,344, which was a record high for the network.
As was already established, despite the asset’s price is in freefall, Shiba Inu’s popularity did not change. SHIB is currently trading 90.34 percent below its October 2021 $0.00008845 record high.
Shiba Inu was selling for a low of $0.000008537 at the time of publication, with a daily increase of 3.19 percent. In light of this, numerous members of the community pointed out that SHIB may be on level in terms of popularity with BTC and ETH. However, it was extremely doubtful that the price of the meme coin would ever reach those levels, at least anytime soon.